Seeking Expressions of Interest for a Senior Security Consultant – Governance Risk and Compliance IT
Strategic Reform is a SME Canberra based consultancy firm experiencing strong and continual growth, and we are seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals who believe they have the skills, attitude and aptitudes that we and our clients value.
Downloadable document: Senior Security Consultant – Governance Risk and Compliance IT
Strategic Reform was founded in 2010 to address a clear gap in the market; the need for back-to basics, clear cut and pragmatic consulting services. We have since developed a broad range of consulting practitioners, from a range of technical and professional backgrounds, who work together to deliver exceptional consulting and resourcing solutions to government and private organisations.
In response to machinery of government and other changing expectations, we often see agencies wanting independent assistance with strategy formulation, organisational change issues, and guidance on achieving operational excellence. As we are independent of all major vendors and industry participants, we provide impartial and pragmatic solutions to complex and challenging issues, which our clients highly value.
We have developed a highly sought after specialisation in ICT, business, and digital program transformation, and are regularly engaged by organisations seeking to undertake fundamental changes to their business models. In particular, we are the leading Cloud transformation advisors to the Commonwealth.
As an already trusted partner in the management consulting and thought leadership space, Strategic Reform is turning its attention to the Cyber Resiliency space. After already successful inroads, Strategic Reform is building its capability and looking for a Senior Security consultant to join our dynamic team.
Strategic Reform is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to assist with IT Security, IRAP and Cyber Resiliency engagements for our customers. You will be client facing and willing to work hard to deliver to client expectations.
Experience / Qualifications
- 5 years industry experience;
- One or more of the following Certifications:
- Certified Industry System Security Professional (CISSP);
- Certified Industry Systems Security Manager (CISM);
- Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC);
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC);
- Recent experience in certification and/or accreditation of federal government ICT systems;
- Detailed understanding of the Information Security Manual (ISM) and other ASD guidance documents;
- Detailed understanding of the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF); and
- Experience in ICT Security Risk Management and methodologies.
Candidates must hold a minimum NV1 Australian Government Security Clearance to be able to complete the duties for this role.
The role will involve:
- Working on client sites to deliver security artefacts for accreditation and certification to Australian Government standards;
- Providing expert advice to clients on the PSPF, ISM and ASD guidance;
- Working within a team of information security consultants to deliver critical client work; and
- Assisting organisations in identifying their information security risks and providing guidance on remediation planning to improve their risk posture or regulatory exposure.
We offer a generous remuneration package, strong team culture and a supportive career development culture.
Our Approach – The Aptitudes We Want
We understand that consulting is not a stand-alone skill that can be achieved through qualifications, and Strategic Reform therefore seek individuals with particular traits and aptitudes, rather than just direct consulting experience. We invest in all of our staff and their professional and personal development, and will support the right people on their journey to becoming exceptional consultants.
We believe Exceptional Consultants have the following aptitudes:
- Strong critical analysis and appraisal skills.
- Ability to identify root causes of issues.
- Ability to work within various methodologies and frameworks.
- Ability to quickly understand and meet specifications and guidelines.
- Conceptual thinking – understanding issues at an intellectual and practical level.
- Creative problem solving – thinking both within and outside the box.
- Empathy and intuition – understanding peoples’ motivations and perspectives.
- Advanced interpersonal skills – reading and responding to verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Excellent time management and workload prioritization.
Our Culture – The Attitudes We Want
At Strategic Reform, we value our culture and are seeking individuals who will engage in and enhance our strong team and working environment. We value individuals who:
- Work steadily through challenges and issues.
- Engage in risk with deliberation and courage.
- Seek continual learning and development opportunities.
- Work well and are motivated under pressure.
- Commit to delivering outcomes for the business and client.
- Support others to achieve their goals.
- Are enthusiastic, team-orientated and good humoured.
If you think that you can add value to our business and are interested in becoming part of our team, please provide us with your CV and a short response detailing your particular combination of skills, aptitudes and attitudes. Contact 02 6257 0647 to speak to us and send your EOI to: firstname.lastname@example.org.