Exponential increases in data volumes and sources, and advancing cloud-based database and BI technologies, are making data more available and powerful. This provides governments, businesses and communities an evidence-base to test hypotheses and assumptions, and a basis to move to solutions that inform improved decision making. Most government agencies understand the importance of their data and information, but are unsure of how to realise the potential of nationally-important datasets and information assets. Drivers include increasing value creation from data sharing, release and use, alignment with the Government’s Public Data Availability and Use, Consumer Data Right and National Data System reforms, and compliance with mandatory data privacy and security obligations. Additionally, effective governance and the achievement of corporate and business priorities depends on an organisation’s capacity to manage data and information effectively.
In response to these drivers, Strategic Reform helps organisations through the process of developing and modernising their data and information strategy. We ensure the strategy is fit-for-purpose, forward-looking, user centric and sustainable in its implementation approach. Through our experience in data strategy development and data program delivery, we have gained significant insight into the public sector data environment and landscape and can bring our implementation knowledge to ensure a successful outcome and likelihood of implementation sustainability.
Strategic Reform is a member of the Microsoft Partner Network. We have demonstrated experience and expertise developing data analytics solutions leveraging the growing range of Microsoft Azure services, including the Azure Protected offering. These include:
- Foundation Services: network security groups, key management services, operations management suite, functions, visual studio.
- Cloud Data Warehouse: Azure CLI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure SQL data Warehouse, Blob Storage, Data Catalog, CosmosDB, DataBricks
- Stream ingestion: Azure IOT Hub, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics
- Machine Learning and Analytics: Azure Machine Learning, Azure ML Workbench, Azure HDInsight, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics
- Intelligence: Cognitive Services, Bot Service, Cortana
- Data visualisation and sharing: Power BI Desktop, Power BI Pro, Power BI Report Server, publishing dashboards as apps, data wrangling, data modelling.